Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who I Am

It's all about
" I "

Who? Me? Ah, I'm all about intensity and contradictions.

I am a paradox, my identity is my name. I've spent 19 years in this world, and they've been, what I'd call, an overdose of life. What about my physical features, is that supposed to matter? As I have a physical existence, I guess these things describe much of what to expect from a person's personality.

I'm a student. Majoring in English Literature and Language at a local University. Thanks to my subject and teachers, I've been able to polish and enhance my senses. I'm vigilant and quick. I think before I speak, and I know how to convince people on my point, without any controversy.

My defensive and impulsive skills are extremely strong. I can be witty and sarcastic to down right harsh. I don't like making a mountain out of a molehill, I prefer non-violent and peaceful settlement of disputes. I will never disclose anything that I don't want to, no matter whatever on earth you say to me. I can see through words and detect the motivation behind them. From flattery to sincerity, I know how to categorize words.

My sun sign is Scorpio, and I'm a heck of an astrological sign obsessed maniac. I find my sign interesting, mysterious and it describes me well enough.

I love my eyes. The people who've learned to understand me through my eyes have always been close to me. My eyes lead to a depth of abstraction. I like that about me.

I like being a girl, but I'm neither a feminist, nor a tomboy. I like expressing myself for the way I can be as a girl. But I also like to manage my personality as a human being, keeping in mind gender roles. I have no concern with the whole girls versus boys battle of eternity. Everyone is unique and I respect that.

I'm fiercely determined and independent. I hate when someone doubts my ambitions or my abilities. I am well aware of what I can do and what I can't, or won't. I'll always stand by what I am able to do and won't hesitate to confess what I am not able to do. My strong willpower doesn't allow me to accept defeat easily.

I'm rarely stubborn. I hate nagging. I prefer being persistent about something that I really consider worth the effort. Whether it's a laptop, or a lipgloss.

I am turned on and amused by electronic gadgets. I like cameras and love photography. I am not obsessed with iphones, no matter how amazing it might be. I prefer blackberry.

I am not a social butterfly. But I like intermingling with people who intrigue me. If I appreciate someone's personality, I will socialize with them, even if I'm the one who has to take the first step. Initially, I prefer to observe and analyze the person. Then, if I'd like to take our co-ordination to the next level, I'll open up to them and discuss/share things. At a certain stage, when I find out what that person is like, when totally free and open, then I either keep them in my life or don't. There's nothing in between. Either someone stays in my life, or they don't.

It might be said that the first impression is the last impression, but I'm trying to develop my skills of judging people on the basis of a long term impression. The first impression gives away a lot about the person, indeed. But my judgments are never final, I keep quite a flexible opinion and it might vary from time to time. I can have several opinions about the same person and describe them in many dimensions.

Creativity and Music are my passion. I would never limit them to any certain era, sect or culture. I am creative and appreciate creativity. I love things that challenge and provoke my intellectual abilities. As for music, I listen to almost every main genre of music except for metal rock. I appreciate meaningful music that I can always relate myself to. I love connecting myself to music.
I dislike and disapprove the excess of things, whether material or not. I like to keep a rational proportion.

I am honest even to the point of hurting someone. If you have ask for an opinion, you will get the brutal truth, without any sugar coating. I hate false compliments and do not know how to flatter. However, if I do say something nice, you can be assured that it is truly sincere and is coming straight from the heart.

I can even be downright moody for no apparent reason. I have an annoyingly excellent memory, combined with an inability to let things go. If I want to, I can hold a grudge against someone who did harm. In fact, I rarely forgive and forget.
On the other hand, I always remember a kind gesture forever and repay it. Any kind selfless gesture done to will gain my trust and respect, which is extremely important to me in any relationship, either romantic or not.

Friendship has always been an issue of controversy in my life. But I've learned a lot from it. Those who I befriend, hold a stronger bond than my blood relations in my life. I'm willing to be a true friend as long as you are worth it.
I'm evidently possessive and jealous but on the other hand, extremely loyal. All I could advise you, is to be honest and in return, I will be an amazing friend you will never forget and who will be loyal to you.
Relationships are very personal to me. When something in my life is labelled "private", it is meant to be private.
But if I love and care for someone, I don't hesitate in displaying that in public. Yet, I despise exploiting the sanctity of privacy and destroy anything that penetrates the purity of that relationship.

If you've managed to read this much about me, then I guess I intrigue you, or you're extremely bored and do not have anything to do.

I appreciate the effort.

P. S. I used the word, I, 85 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment