Monday, February 14, 2011

Inspiration

People come and go, from this world. We happen to connect with a few of these people, during this life of ours. Some of these people, create an impact upon us where others just move on.
The beauty of having the connection with someone, as an inspiration, is indeed a special one. We claim to have ideals, who we are inspired from. These ideals might not be, what we'd say, perfect, but I guess inspiration is not about perfection. It is about the influence that someone can have on you.
My internally nagging yet, developed socialization abilities have given be a broad spectrum of human nature to make a choice of being inspired from.
Life is what we make of it, ourselves. Our inspirations gives us strength to remain motivated on the path that we chose for ourselves. We learn from these figures and learning starts from one of the places that have always been a target of ridicule by students, Educational Institutions.
But no matter how much we express our hatred for this shrine of knowledge, I would confess, it really does build your personality.
You get to interact with people who, otherwise, you might never even have noticed! A collaboration of generations, the students, the teachers and the higher faculties, all merge together under the same "roof". This is where my inspiration proceeds.
My inspiration begins with the absolutely amazing woman whom I was blessed to be the daughter of. She was the one who told me to make my teachers, my friends. That was the point where my definition of friendship changed.
I felt like a dried up piece of foam, ready to soak in all the knowledge that I could retain in myself. But not all the knowledge was the kind that I could connect with. It's like not enjoying every subject you have to study.
The amusing thing is, I realized my inspiration after quite a while. It was a slow progress. I don't regret being sluggish in that perspective, I know others have gone far beyond me in being inspired. I'm just glad that I realized my inspiration.

My inspiration is, first and foremost, my mother, of course. And a teacher, in particular. Who I unconsciously seem to relate myself to, so well, that that connection seems to guide me. I'm glad to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment